Smarty Spot

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Power of the Pout


Scoche recently convinced me about the power of the pout. She had told me of this unique ability before, but I was skeptical. Pouting didn't seem to match my carefree persona, and its power seemed but a legend that only the older whippets believed anymore. But it turns out that the power is real! And it's potent stuff.

For example, I used to go outside now and then... But Scoche told me put my best paw forward and pout it out - and sure enough, pouring on the pout got me outside much more quickly. Fortunately it's been sunny because the one thing pouting doesn't seem to do is get me back inside... but I'm still a novice. Pouting also gained me bonus affection time last night, and today pouting was the pathway to a nice long walk!

I guess I should've listened to mom sooner. Truth be told, I actually only stumbled across this though... One day I was trying to see if I could touch my tail with my ears (don't ask why, it just seemed like something I should be able to do) and I strained my eyebrow muscles. Just then, one of the owners ran over and immediately began consoling and loving on me.

I found this very interesting indeed.

Now, I'm not going to be one of those whippets that goes pouting about the house all the time. No, this is just one more tool in the Smarty toolkit. Or perhaps I should say one more warhead in the Smarty arsenal!

In fact, it's best not to use this "nuclear option" too often. Why, just the other day I mentioned moving to Virginia -- remember that? And suddenly, today, everything's being boxed up! Meanwhile I'm boxed in -- the backyard, that is. I've actually had to make this post with my blackberry (raspberry? crunchberry? I forget what these things are called) while I peer in the window and watch the man box up the-- HEY! That's my food bowl!

Well, I better go, I've clearly got some pouting to do to remedy this situation. But if we're really on our way to Virginia, I have to say, pouting is powerful indeed. Maybe too powerful. Am I ready for the responsibility that pouting brings with it?

I think I'm about to find out!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smarty,

    You look so forlorn. You're a master of the power pout! Humans always fall for it.

    Love,
    Holly

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smarty - Be careful what you pout for; you might get it! Anyway, I think you'll like Virginia - and I'm sure your food bowl will be about the first thing unboxed!

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey sis:
    We have to ring a bell with our noses to get out of this place! There are no bells outside to ring so we just stay there until she opens the door!
    Love,
    Lucy

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well written article.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home