Smarty Spot

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Give 'Em An Inch...

There are certain things in life that should never get smaller.

1. Breakfast portions.
2. Dinner portions.
3. Appliances used to store breakfast and dinner.
4. Number of cable cartoon and nature channels.
5. Number of windows and dog beds in any given house.

And, while I thought it was obvious, I guess I need to add this to the list:

6. The size of the yard!!

Here is - or was - our yard:


Nice, huh? But now look what they did:



This is not a good direction to go. You should make the yard bigger, not smaller!

So, this is me in our new "yard"... Notice that I'm not running, but eating (before those portions get reduced, too!) -- if I run, I bump into the fence after only a few strides.


Do you like that dog bed, though? Like I said, you can never get enough of them! Of course, they might try to start shrinking these too... that could get very uncomfortable.

So what is it with humans and fences? Don't they understand that when dogs run up to the fence it's not because they like the fence, it's because they want to get to the other side?


Let me out!!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smarty,

    My human didn't consult with me before fencing the yard. I just don't understand her.

    That's a very cool bed...or maybe you just look cool lying on it.

    Love,
    Holly

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Sis:
    I feel your pain! I live the pain!
    Fences are a pain!
    Love,
    Lucy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home