Smarty Spot

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Handful of Birthdays


This picture is of me and my sisters when we were pups. That's Lucy on the far left - and believe me, her politics have taken a similar turn. You would think she'd keep up with "Fox" news since it's marketed to political animals, but I think that living so close to New York has given her a progressive sensibility. That's me in the middle, "fair and balanced." Next is Pinch, who lives on the west coast now - what fun! And then there's Holly, who's living it up in Connecticut.

But the big news is this: each of my sisters turns TWO today! Happy birthdays! I'm so glad I checked my calendar to remember this... I almost forgot, since I was so excited that today is my birthday too!

Now you might think it's strange for four whippets to have their birthday on the same day, but it really isn't. However, for all of us to be sisters and have our birthday on the same day -- well, that does seem pretty unusual. But then again, we always did do everything together, so why not celebrate birthdays together too?



But here's what's surprising to me. I was thinking Scoche was a lot older than me. I don't know if I just assumed this because she's my mom, or because of her racing ribbons, or because she's lived so many places. But her birthday, as you may remember, was only two weeks ago! So she's apparently just two weeks older than me... Wow, that makes me feel so, so... unaccomplished!

But mostly it's just plain weird.


But wait... Is Scoche younger than I'd assumed, or am I older? Hmm.

Perhaps the best way to find out is to look at someone else who has a birthday today... Hildegarde Fillmore's birthday is today, too. She reads this blog and writes an advice column - and I assume in that order. Where else would she get the advice from? Her birthday is today and her profile says she's 99 years old! In dog years, you would divide by 7 so that would be, umm, about 14 years old.

Now let's see, if I'm two years old... in human years that would be... 14 years old! So we are indeed the exact same age!

Wow, what a birthday... turning 2, 14, and 99 all in the same day.

Can I take my pick?

2 Comments:

  • At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Smarty- Happy to you, your sisters, your mother, and Heather!
    I like the way you think.

     
  • At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well...I have to admit, we were the cutest puppies in the world! Happy Birthday to ALL my sisters!!
    Love,
    Lucy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home