Smarty Spot

Saturday, February 03, 2007

You Can Only Make Me Stronger

My owner is a weatherman.

In anticipation of impending snow and rain, he took me and Scoche out running in the wild. Actually, it wasn't too wild... it was a well-planned reservation with trails and bridges and well placed trees, the animal kingdom's version of the suburbs.

Anyway, we went running. Here's an impressionist painting of me running through the 'burbs:



If you stare at it long enough you can see the whippet. And the whippet is me!

What impressed me was that immediately after our run through the woods, the snow came. You could not have timed it better. Thus, the conclusion that my owner has an inside scoop on the weather patterns.

But the problem is that he's using this insider information to try to manipulate the system...to get out of his responsibilities! You see, he thought that by taking us out for a run just before the snowstorm would leave us so exhausted that we would sleep away our Saturday.

Excuse me, but it doesn't work that way.

Imagine his surprise when I followed him out of the bedroom at 5am! But you really should've seen the look on his face when Scoche walked out of the bedroom ready for an early breakfast! That's when he knew for sure his little plan failed. I tried to capture his expression on camera but this is all I got:



You can fool some of the animals some of the time, but you can't fool whippets any of the time.

You can't wear us out. You can only make us stronger.

Which is to say, put on your boots - we're ready for another walk!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good for you, Smarty - Don't let him get away with short changing the walks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home