Smarty Spot

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Do Not Disturb


Last night my sleep was disturbed.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy to have my sleep disturbed for any of the following reasons:
1. Breakfast
2. Dinner
3. Snack
4. Yahtzee or Super Yahtzee
5. Racing
6. Woody Woodpecker Show
7. Road Trip

However, last night I was disturbed by dreams.

In my dream, there were dogs of all different breeds... and there were humans of all kinds too. In fact, there were more humans than dogs. And at first I thought it was some kind of canine appreciate day, or (even better) a race.

But no.

In my dream, the closer you got to the dogs the more unusual it became.

First, I noticed they were all on leashes... indoors! They weren't being taken outside for walks or anything, they were just stuck in a ring...marching around in circles. It seemed utterly humiliating.



I'm surprised I didn't wake up in a cold sweat right then, although whippets don't really sweat (we certainly would never let you see us do it!).

Then in my dream, I was able to get closer... as if a TV camera zoomed in... and I noticed that they were not only enduring this cruel hoax, but had been subjected to excessive bathing! Their coats were unnaturally silky and shiny from this...this...bullying! And there was nothing they could do about it because the humans had taken away all their muscle tone... and worse, had broken their will.


And then - I shudder to even think about it - there was a bad man in the dream who was just laughing at them, and poking them, and making sure that they did not have too much muscle tone on their body.



And in the dream one of them said to me, "Help me, Smarty, help me... take me racing, Smarty... Smarteeeeee!"

And then I woke up with a yelp. I flapped myself back to my senses and found Scoche... She was still "sacked out."



Good.

Sleep, Scoche, sleep... we'll never that happen to you.

Just don't let it happen to me, either!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Job there Spotty.
    I see now why my kids tell me they always read your blog rather than your masters Theological ponderings.
    Keep up the good work.
    & I'm jealous of the pictures too since my digital camera dissapeared many weeks ago.
    And how is your female master cheyrl doing? Have The other one email me with details of life in NY!

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My dear sister Smarty:
    It seems to me that someone has been snacking too late at night. That must be the cause of your horrible nightmares! Stay away from the junk food before bedtime and restful sleep will return. It almost looked like some kind of a dog show. How crude!
    Love,
    Lucy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home