Smarty Spot

Monday, March 19, 2007

My Present Condition

Last week was my birthday, so there's been a lot of newsworthy activity around here... or at least gossipworthy. So before another news source such as "The New Yorker" or "Tiger Beat" reports the latest, I figured I'd print the juicy details myself...

So first up I'd like to report that my sister Holly has become very refined indeed. Living in Connecticut becomes her! She sent a birthday card that arrived promptly on my birthday.

Okay, the one flaw is that I should have received a Smarty's Day card and this is a St. Patrick's Day card. Smarty is a 2 year old whippet who lives in New Jersey, whereas Patrick was a fourth century slave who became a missionary in Ireland. But it's a very nice card, and it certainly shows that Holly is well on her way to becoming the most ladylike of our litter. Best of all, the card came with some cool raffle tickets - thanks! I think I have a good chance at winning since I've always considered myself pretty lucky... luck of the Irish, perhaps? I do have red hair, after all.

Another cool present arrived the other day -- a duck with a jetpack!



Scoche was very suspicious that this was some kind of "Trojan duck" and insisted on a full investigation.



But the Trojans were part of ancient Greek civilization, weren't they? Why would they be bothering us? Hey, maybe that jetpack is actually time travel gear - that might come in handy! Don't worry, though, if I travel into your past I promise to mind my own business, mostly. Unlike some whippets we know...



Enough already, mom, you're embarrassing me!

And finally, here is another gift I received... It's not unwrapped yet but I can tell what it is. Not because I've travelled into the future (yet) but because the wrapping paper is transparent:


Though I admit to being a little confused. Nursery organizer? You do realize I'm two, right?

Maybe I'll have to read those gossip columns after all, to see what they have to say about this. Or perhaps I'll use that time travel gear to go forward into the future a few months and see what is really - or was really - going on here!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The production team would like to note that NO DUCKS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS BLOG.

    Thank you.

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smarty,

    Are you expecting? How exciting! I called "Page Six" with the scoop.

    Love,
    Holly

     

Post a Comment

<< Home