Smarty Spot

Monday, May 14, 2007

Smart Shopper

One way I remember I'm a girl is that I'm a smart shopper. But did you know that dogs aren't allowed in most grocery stores? I've often wondered why, but I think it's because the owners like to keep things a surprise for us... they like small surprises.

However, sometimes if you just act like you belong and don't make too much of a scene you can buy a few things real quick. It sometimes takes them a while to catch on that you're not human, especially if you're carrying one of those little baskets and have a coupon book.

So I bought my mom (Scoche) a card with an appropriate sentiment...




I only had moments to find her a good gift, but I was able to make off with these...


It's too bad dogs aren't allowed to shop more often. I consider myself a pretty intelligent shopper. Look at the size of these treats that I bought Scoche compared to what the owners buy:



Not even a competition!! Like I said, the owners like small surprises. I like big ones! And if dogs were allowed to shop more often, the economy would boom, trust me.

Now, I haven't started Sunday School yet (another place where you have to be careful about being "outed" as a whippet, though sometimes they're more lenient), but I understand there's a Bible verse that says something like "it's better to give than to receive." So I wonder if one could say it's even better still to give and receive? Because I certainly did both in this case.

Now, someone will need to explain this one to me: The female owner was also given a mother's day gift. But I didn't know that guy who takes me for walks is her son! He seems a little older than her, too... But you know, I have a lot to learn about the facts of life.

Fortunately, I have a good mom who can teach me! Even though sometimes she's a little embarrassed to discuss such things...



* * *

SPECIAL NOTICE: The "hound dog" award this month goes to Leslie G., who keeps hounding me to post new updates. Hey, being a whippet is not as easy as it looks! There's a lot to do each day... and then it's off to camp again...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Scoche Mom,

    Happy Mother's Day!

    Love,
    Holly

     

Post a Comment

<< Home