Smarty Spot

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Happiest Place on Earth

Boy was I excited yesterday when I heard we were going to Tibet! I had heard about Tibetan monks, and I figured they must be as fun to chase as Chip monks.

Then I was informed that we were not going to Tibet, but to the vet. I need to listen more carefully… Well, I was still excited. Since my mom, Scoche, seemed quite glum, I tried to cheer her up by telling her we were going to the vet. It didn’t seem to help.



When we got to the vet, it was even better than I’d imagined. You wouldn’t believe it. There were all sorts of animals and people to meet. I think they might have signed me in under the breed “social butterfly”! Okay, that was a dumb joke…sorry. But it was so much fun! They even had cats caged up, all ready to be chased. I was all ready to make a go of it, too.


But just then, guess who walks in but the girl with the blue shirt! She was the first person I ever met when I came into the world last year. We had a lot to talk about. Sixteen months worth, in fact. She was so happy to see me that she gave me a special tour of the back room and even let me play the “weigh the dog” game. (We have a private joke between the two of us. She says “don’t let the tail weigh the dog” and I say, “every dog has its weigh!” Well, like I said, it’s a private joke.)



After that game, we played “hide and seek.” I went with mom and the humans into a little tiny room. I could hear all the other animals trying to hide, barking and all that nonsense. I counted as high as I could (23), but they must have wanted more time to hide because we weren’t allowed out of the room yet. After a long time, they only let mom (Scoche) out. She was gone a long time, so I was kind of laughing because she must not have been able to find any of the other animals. Naturally, she came back, still looking downcast. I told her she should try again, and look in the cages – that’s where they tend to hide.

But just then the nice man came in to tell her that she was going to have puppies! I thought that would cheer mom up, but she wasn’t very expressive. I think she should have at least said “thank you.” When we left, they completely forgot to give them to her anyway. That’s too bad, because I was looking forward to playing with them. Maybe next time.

What a great day. I can’t wait to go back to the vet again! Though I still need to get to Tibet and chase those monks.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ohhhh, Smarty. My dear. I hate to burst your bubble, but puppies are NO FUN. Your mom knows. That's shy she is so glum. They start off as these grunting guinea pig looking things, but soon enough, they will be walking and running and biting! They are little poop monsters -- they even poop in the house! I don't know what my mom was thinking. She brought two of them into the house (something about being my half sister Betty's pups). These pups have turned our wold upside down -- they poop and pee EVERY WHERE. No manners. Quite loud. Hudi and I live in fear that mom will think it's US. Of course, I think she should know by now that we are perfect, but....there is a sense of anxiety about these puppies that I can't shake.

    I think you should book a plane to Tibet ASAP. Puppies are just no fun.

    I hate to always be the bearer of bad tidings, but I feel like it's my duty as your older half sister.

    Gabi

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, puppies sure can be a pain - I'm glad I never was one!

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My Dear Smarty:
    I am so sorry that Tibet turned out to be The Vet. I am glad you had a good time though. I never have a good time at the vet. The first thing he does is put me on the scale. Then my human mom tries to starve me more! If she wants to go to the vet so bad why doesn't she get on the scale? Then we can all starve her a bit and see how she likes it!!

    I hear there are going to be puppies in your home! My mom did that to me last year. She gave no warning and one day Tularosa appeared. My life hasn't been the same. Now I have to share!!
    To make matters worse, she is so skinny and never gains a pound!

    All things considered, Smarty, having little ones around will enhance your life in many ways. It will be a marvelous experience watching them grow. You will be a perfect role model for those little babies. You are a very lucky girl.
    Much love,
    Sister Lucy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home