Smarty Spot

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Paws and Effect

It seems the older you are the more likely you are to avoid the rain. As you may have heard, the Garden State has been getting watered lately, and that certainly applies to the Great Swamp where we live.

Here's mom, relaxing indoors during the storm:




Here's me:



I wanted to go play, but I just wasn't sure about getting so wet. Whenever that happens, the owners wipe my feet when I'm coming back inside. I hate that! I think the reason it bothers me so much is because I need constant access to my paws -- I use them for just about everything. Walking, running, wrestling, even eating (can't let that bowl slide away!). In fact, you may not know this, but the secret to a good, healthy bark is all about planting your feet solidly on the ground - it's all in the paws, as they say.

So anyway, moving down into the lower age bracket, here are the young ones:



They didn't seem to mind the rain a bit. They actually built themselves a little camp site! Of course, there are five of them, and it's a lot easier when you have...umm, let's see, five times four...7? 13? 2? Wait, my owner just told me that 5x4 = 20. Twenty?! Wow!

So, as I was saying, setting up and breaking camp is much easier with 20 paws. And with dew claws, who needs opposable thumbs?

It's all in the paws!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my dear Smarty!
    I absolutely dislike the rain with every inch of my being! I don't know why she makes me go out in the rain.I dislike feeling wet and that doggish odor just gets me crazy. They really have no consideration around here because every 6 hours or so that darn leash comes out and I hear those silly words...."Who wants to do pee pee?" I never ask her if she does!! She still doesn't understand that I will go to the door and cry my cute, adorable little whimper when I need to do my business!! She keeps changing my name to "Prima Donna". I guess it's Like Tula Rosa but I really prefer to be called Lucy. She must get a life and get rid of that "Lucy" towel if she intends to call me Prima Donna. HELP!!!!
    Love and Kisses,
    Your sister LUCY

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Ken said…

    Shhhhhhh!! Don't you know better than to post things like this publicly? If our owners ever "get a life" we'll be up the creek without a paddle.

    Which, come to think of it, is how this weekend is working out weather wise.

    You must take the good with the bad. The pampering gets a little silly, but that's better than sleeping on top of a doghouse.

    Your sister,
    Smarty

     

Post a Comment

<< Home