Smarty Spot

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Invasion!



We're under attack!

You see, we live in what’s called the “Great Swamp.”



The swamp is inhabited by a variety of creatures, including birds, squirrels and chipmunks, bog monsters, all sorts of insects, and even possums. But of course the swamp is where I live – and I am of course its rightful resident. After all, I was here first! At least from my point of view, anyway.

In order to protect our domain, I keep constant surveillance on what’s going on outside. One recent development I noticed – the swamp creatures planted a flag on our front lawn.



This is clearly an act of aggression. Very troubling indeed.

But most troubling of all is that the swamp creatures are beginning to do surveillance on me! I’ve caught numerous little bugs, spiders, and centipedes creeping around inside, probably trying to find the penetrable parts of our home. They probably run the messages back to the bog monster itself. Today I even found a few of these guys winging about:



They think they can just fly right in here and take over? Never!

Okay, I shouldn’t have said so much. Now I’ve got mom worried…



Don’t worry, mom! We’re not going down without a fight!

Bring it on!!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My Dear sister Smarty:
    It's times like this when every home needs a pet lizard. Our little guy, Lenny, passed a few years ago. My human talks of him fondly...says there wasn't a bug he wouldn't eat!! Then one day, she went to feed the little man his weekly dose of crickets, and he was belly up in his tank! I hear it was a sad day in this home.
    Just remember one thing; when the going gets tough, the tough get going! Now get out there and take 'em down!
    Love,
    Lucy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home