Smarty Spot

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Survivor: Gilligan's Island

A new dog is visiting our house, named Gilley. I can only assume her name is short for Gilligan, which means we now have a full Island.

I don't think there's room enough here for everyone. Which is what I've thought for about six weeks now, but now I really think it's time to start voting the weakest links off the island! (How's that for a mixture of TV references?)

My first thought was to vote the humans off. After all, there are certainly enough animals here to form a strong majority. But then I realized, well, I kind of like them. But more importantly, they're basically our kitchen staff - and unless we want to start thawing our own dinners, we should keep them around. Plus, I would never remember to run the dishwasher (not that it's such a big deal).

Then I realized that Scoche is already starting to form her own dark coalition, as you can see:


So who should I team up with?? I considered teaming up with the one they call "Mousey." I bet she has good survival skills -- she seems energetic and adaptable.













On the other hand, this new Gilley character seems pretty comfortable with Island life, too.



Maybe I should team up with her. After all, what's an Island without a Gilligan?

Juuuuust, sit right back and you'll hear a tail...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My dear sister Smarty:
    From what I hear about Gilligan, there was not too much between the ears...if you know what I mean. Too bad you can't form an alliance with a visitor named Mr. Powel or Professor. Grey matter really does matter...do you dig?
    As for those humans...they do keep the meals rolling at a steady pace. They are so necessary even though they can get in the way of a good time!
    Geuss what? My sister Tula got in trouble again! She ate my mom's raft! It was such a hoot at my house this morning!
    Love,
    Your sister Lucy

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smarty,
    I think that new character Gilley looks like a decent sort....you know, us fawn girls need to stick together. Take it from me....I always thought that we had too many dogs in my house, and then we got TWO vermin that turned into puppies. My human servant keeps telling me the white one will leave, but that white girls seems to be making herself right at home. Still the puppies have turned into playmates, and they don't get my spot in bed....you just have to stand your ground.
    Hudi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home