Smarty Spot

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Entrapment


Everyone knows that whippets like to be above floor level. Give us a couch or bed any day, it sure beats laying on the floor like some common house pet.

If properly padded, even a couple beds like this will do the trick:


So imagine my surprise when this was introduced into the house:


What's the purpose of this? Am I supposed to jump into this and never come out again? Is this some kind of trap?

I know, you're probably thinking, "Smarty, that's not for you." I'm sure that's exactly what they would want me to believe. And yet, when I went to the owners' website I saw this con-trap-tion listed in a post entitled "Home Building for TBA."

Don't you get it? I'm TBA!! The Best Animal!

So now you're probably saying, "Smarty, you really shouldn't be reading your owners' blog. It's none of your business what sinister plots are being planned against you." Well, for starters, I don't read the blog... I just look at the pictures.

And speaking of pictures, the plot gets even worse! Perhaps you saw this picture on the owners' blog:


Well, I happen to remember that day... and look who was conveniently airbrushed out of the picture!!


Well, two can play at that game. I saw the picture of the new rug on the blog...


Now, with the help of a little technology, I'll just add a couple members of the family you apparently have overlooked....


Voila! Two can play at this game! Right, Scoche?

You've gotta get up pretty early in the morning to fool this whippet. In fact, speaking of getting up early, isn't it time for our walk?

5 Comments:

  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Haha, Uncle Ken...I laughed so hard when I read this post! You are a great writer!

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Jeff said…

    Smarty,

    You simply must teach me some of your ways of dealing with your humans. So far, all my owner has bought me is a $15 dog bed from Big Lots, and frankly, I'd rather sleep on the floor.

    Lucy Tell

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Smarty said…

    That's the attitude you need. Sleep on the floor, and make sure to make a big fuss about it. But you need to appear sacrificial, not accusatory. They'll give in.

    I refer you to my "Power of the Pout" insights below. But be careful, always remember that with great power comes great responsibility.

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger KOphotography Karen Oglesby said…

    Oh Smarty.. you are sooo dog-gone funny! I'm crying I'm laughing soo much!

     
  • At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey sis!
    I don't know what is going on in that Virginia place but I can assure you that something is! I think you better wait a few weeks before you panic about the con-trap-tion. It may not be for you ????
    Love,
    Lucy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home