Smarty Spot

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Three Wishes


I can relax now. I finally got three things I've always wanted.

The owners have been talking for a little while now about "the baby's room" -- which I could only assume meant my room, since I'm the youngest and cutest resident here. Though I admit I had trouble figuring out which room they meant, the kitchen or the master bedroom. It turns out they were actually talking about my sun room, which they call the backyard.

The first thing I got that I always wanted was a sign for my room:


I've always wanted one of those!

The next thing I've always wanted was delivery service. You know, breakfast (and lunch and dinner) in bed. Well, that wish was granted too. Look what was sent right to my yard:


The delivery schedule is a little odd. They tend to deliver when I'm inside, and currently my "doggie door" - what a demeaning term - is a large sheet of glass. They call it a "sliding glass door" because when you run outside, you slide across the deck. Needless to say, I spend a lot of time outside, waiting for the next delivery.

And the third wish fulfilled...


My own swingset! This was on my Christmas list last year, but I got some other cool stuff instead (see my January 25 post for details).

But wouldn't you know it? They came out with a new swingset model after we arrived here. We saw it on one of our walks:


Well, I'll keep wishing. That's the funny thing about wishes. You never run out!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Smarty - I love your sign for your room. And that new style swing set looks great - I want one too!

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey smarty, can you tell your servants to change their personal blog so anonymous people can comment? Thanks! I knew you could get it done!

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Smarty said…

    LG,

    In the spirit of wish granting that this post celebrates, I have taken care of your request.

    Smart

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smarty,

    That is a very cool sign. You look completely at home in VA.

    Love,
    Holly

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Sis:
    I have never seen an one sided, curved A-frame with stairs before! Is that Virginian Agility? Very cool!
    Love,
    Lucy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home