Smarty Spot

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Birthday Wishes



Okay, let's be honest, all this babysitting is getting a little old. I was happy when my chore was just to fold the laundry. Helping with the baby's bath wasn't so bad - although it left me dangerously close to getting one myself! But now that I'm starting to be the baby's primary guardian, I'm finding the job a little more demanding than I'd been told.

I started looking into child labor laws, and determined to blow the whistle as soon as I was assigned diaper changing duty. But then I found out -- a holiday is approaching! Maybe a little break is all I need.

One of my owners is having a birthday in October. And we all know what birthdays are for - presents. So although it's rather late notice, I'm trying to put together a list of what I'd like to get for her birthday. It's hard to choose - there are so many things I want her to get for me!

In a situation like this, it's usually best to not ask for too much. Because if you do that, you'll just get one or two of the things you ask for - or clothes. Instead, it's best to ask for one thing... but one thing that somehow combines all the gifts. (For example, instead of asking for "raw food" ask for a frozen cow.)

This year it will be tricky, though. What I'd really like is a chance to see some friends, such as Lucy and that agent of hers...


If at all possible I'd like to find out how my old babysitter Emily is doing...



Of course no party is complete without George...


But as much as I'd like to see all these friends I'd also like my present to include a little exercise. Or maybe even a lot!

But, I'd also like to travel...



Hmmm... The problem is that these gifts don't seem to naturally combine into one giant gift from what I can tell. After all, I can't ask to race Lucy, George, and Emily - I'd leave 'em in the dust and never get to really enjoy their company. Plus the whole dewclaw envy issue... And if I ask to go to Camp George, that kind of changes my travel hopes - I was hoping to head south this time around, see a new place.

Well, I'm sure I'll come up with the perfect present to ask for. If only I could get some time to myself so I can just think!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Smarty - I'm sure you'll figure out the perfect gift; maybe racing Lucy and George while on vacation in the South with them?

    Nancy Morris

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, Smarty, your sure got it all together for that Birthday. I don't know how you do it. There is another reason they call you Smarty!
    Love,
    Lucy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home