Smarty Spot

Monday, July 23, 2007

Behind the Scenes



Smarty Spot is published once or twice per week. Between posts, more preparation takes place than people realize. Believe me, it may look easy, but it's quite a production!

In order to prepare just one post, an entire crew is needed:


Not only do we need to get cleaned up to meet the high ethical standards of Smarty Spot, other crew members need to ensure we are camera ready:


And of course, with a large supporting cast, all of this process takes even longer...


Of course, I always come to the photo sessions prepared. Take for example this picture, which showed up on the June 13 post "Three Wishes."


Even though I was ready, and knew all my lines, it still took several tries to get things just right. This is because there are always some who seem to never know when they're needed or where they're supposed to be.


Pardon me! Can't you see we're trying to work around here?

I'm not sure if this cast member (who shall remain nameless to protect her career) was just trying to get extra camera time, or if she just didn't know when she was supposed to come on stage. Part of being a professional is to have patience, but as you can imagine it's not always easy!

Okay, are we ready for the sunrise shot? I don't want to be here all day...


Ready, set, action!


And it's a wrap.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Smarty - Great towel! I did not realize just how much work went into the production of Smarty Spot; I will appreciate you even more now!

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey sis:
    I have been thinking quite a bit lately. You must give your family credit for the precious time they spend making you look good. Quite frankly, I really don't think either one of us needs all that primping..there is something to be said for natural beauty!!
    Love,
    Lucy
    p.s. I also love the towel!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home