Smarty Spot

Friday, August 10, 2007

On the Lookout


Well, I finally got that EZ Bake Oven that I requested. There's a problem, however... I'm the one being baked!

This whole week has been an oven outside. I think I'm walking outside, but instead I'm walking right into someone's idea of a joke... And it makes me wonder who's laughing. Or is it, perhaps, someone's idea of a meal?

This can't be good.

But it might explain why I haven't received my BB Gun yet, even though I've been checking the mail every day. It has probably been intercepted by this Chef Boyardee wannabe.

You can imagine what this will do to my walks. Not only are the walks much less comfortable at feels-like-110 degrees but now someone is most likely watching my every move through my own shock-resistant scope! He...or she?...is probably just waiting for me to be "well done," which might not take too long since I went from "rare" to "medium well" in only 20 minutes yesterday.

The hunter has become the hunted. I guess I shouldn't be surprised now that we're further South... but I'm not going to baked, bulleted, basted and buttered without a fight!

Hey, wait a minute... it's raining now! If that snorkle came in the mail, I might gain the upper paw in this war of anonymous aggression.

Ha! Now look who's laughing!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smarty,

    It's 55 degrees in CT today! It's almost too cold to run around the yard fetching the ball.

    I expect that the human will wrap my blanket around me tonight. She'll remember to, won't she?

    Love,
    Holly

     
  • At 4:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smarty,
    You better keep watching the driveway! I hear another package is coming in the next few hours! You are going to be verrrrrry surprised my sweet sister!
    Love,
    Lucy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home