Smarty Spot

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Overstimulated

What a weekend... I got to see all those friends I wanted to see and I got to use my EZ Bake oven to bake my owner a delicious cake!


Not only that, but I made a killing on what I charged for the cake, which is the beginning of a wonderful new business that could allow me a little extra pocket money. In fact, I might need to spend my first profits on buying some pockets! This will also allow me a place for my pocket knife, which will be my next purchase.

Between friends, baking, and the birthday party it was hard to do much else. But I also got to race! I usually try to nap in my crate prior to a big race - it's one of my secrets, along with [top secret information removed by editor]. But my mind was doing the racing this time, especially because I was relying heavily on a student workers to do a lot of the party planning:


They did a great job, but they were so small I found I had to micro-manage them. So by the time it was my turn to race, I had to catch a nap at the very last minute. And I do mean the very last minute!


But all in all, it worked out pretty well. Out of 120 dogs, I came in 5th! And when I raced again I came in 5th a second time! I'm still waiting for that third and fourth race... apparently we're on a little break.

I do need to give a bark out to Tula, who apparently did very well. Here's a picture I snapped (yes, yet another little chore I had to tend to) between flour fights and quality control seminars:


Congratulations, Tula! I knew when you signed with Lucy's agent you'd do well - especially with that early morning regiment she puts you through! (Don't think I don't know about the cultish techniques used at her "training camp" - no one should be deprived of that much sleep. I'm planning an expose but I'm still waiting for my mole to send me the secret video tapes.)


So, I had a good time even though now I know what they mean when they say "be careful what you wish for." This weekend might have been better spread out over a whole month! In fact, it might have been better to spread out those 5th place finishes into 5 different 1st place finishes.

At least that's what some of my fans have told me. Here's one of my fans at the beginning of the day... Notice she was a little nervous, knowing I had a lot on my plate... and I don't mean a literal "plate" unfortunately...


But by the end of the day she seemed to wear her cool Smarty Gear a little less boldly...


I'm sorry. I take full responsibility for the actions of my interns and promise to intend to do better next time - specifically, to have more cake to feed everybody and also to hire a bigger crew so I'm not so distracted by seminars, sleeplessness, and incredibly fun times.

Thanks to everyone for coming to the big party!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gee Smarty... I'm not sure how the cake could have been much bigger!

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Sis:
    Your EZ Bake is Fabulous! Remember March is our Birthday please!
    Love,
    Lucy

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll start making a list of what I'd like for your birthday. Thanks for the heads up!

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Smarty - I'm impressed by what you can do with an E Z Bake oven! Would you like to cater my next event? Sorry your weekend was so busy; maybe you can have a nice long nap and some extra cake to make up for it.

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smarty,

    Is there a place on this site to place an order for a cake? Do you take credit cards? I have my human's here somewhere.

    Love,
    Holly

     

Post a Comment

<< Home