Smarty Spot

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Heaven Help Us


I'm predicting rain.

Why? Because there are a lot of animals being gathered together around here. Take a look for yourself:


I've heard all about Noah and those animals, and so I couldn't help but notice all these animals. And such variety! The last time this happened, things got real wet real quick. The good news is, there are still plenty of animals I don't see here - it might be a while before little Noah Jr. here obtains his own panda bear, for example, or even his own squid. Oh, I guess a squid can survive a flood, huh? Well, in any case, this little animal gatherer is not very mobile, so I'm guessing we still have some time before we're "singin' in the rain."

In the meantime, I'll enjoy hanging out with the big green bug and the disproportioned moose. But there's one little animal visitor I'd rather avoid:


I don't know why I don't trust this one. Maybe it's his self-congratulatory nature. I mean, I have feet, hands, and a tummy. I know the tummy is harder to see because of my slender whippet waist, but it's there, barking out orders all the time...trust me. But I don't go around advertising my body parts like I'm some sort of floozy.

And that smile! What's up with that? Everyone knows that smiles are to be used sparingly, especially if we are indeed going to experience a wet worldwide judgment. How can you talk about the end of the world with a big, goofy grin? Try this look instead:


See? That look will gain you respect and maintain your dignity. Much more reverent, too.

Of course, some of us take this a little too far...


This moves things from "prophetic" to "pathetic." That's not good for anyone's religion!

Well, we'll keep working on this. Like I said, we have plenty of time... I think. I might just leave "The Weather Channel" on in the background, just in case!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smarty, it is so good to hear from you!! I was starting to get worried!

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My nephew has that same smiling bear toy, and frankly it was nothing but trouble. He liked to dance with it when it played songs, especially the one that plays every third time you squeeze his ear. But when the song came on he would grab the bear and dance with a big smile, and the bear was so darn sensitive that the joyous dancing motion was enough to stop the song and make it say something else. Then Jackson would get all frustrated because the song ended too soon and he tended to throw the bear down in disgust. Not the way a toy is supposed to work.

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Smart Sister Smarty:
    I hate to be the one to inform you that Little Noah Jr. is only months away from tearing the place down! He may not be mobile now but watch out sister! How Long is that in dog years?
    Love,
    Lucy

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smarty,

    Rain is better than snow!

    Your New England sister,
    Holly

     

Post a Comment

<< Home