Smarty Spot

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Today is my owner’s birthday!

Now, you may be thinking: which owner?

That leads to an important point. I used to think I had two owners, and now I’m not so sure. The one feeds me and takes me to race meets, which are clearly the two most important needs any whippet has. She also brushes me, cuts my toenails (and when I say “cut” I mean it!), and takes me to the vet – less fun, but bregrudgingly important.

The other one does something important, too – takes me for walks! He does other fun things with me too – plays with me outside, watches cartoons with me, proofreads Smart Spot, and some things I’m not supposed to let the other one know – you know, water fights, jumping on the bed, things like that.

So I thought to myself, do I really have two owners? Or one owner and one friend? Or two friends and one owner… well, let’s not make it too confusing.
In any case, I admit it’s a pretty nice setup.

So hopefully that answers the which owner question.

So what did I do for her birthday? Well, I have to admit I didn’t know it was her birthday till today. You’d have thought I would have been informed about this so I could have been more prepared…

So once I figured out why she was opening a present, I tried to tell her happy birthday in the most exuberant tone I could muster up. But she understood me to be simply begging for breakfast. Granted, once I noticed this I intensified my birthday greetings… I mean, hey, whatever works!

But since I wasn’t better prepared, I thought I’d draw a picture for her to put on the refrigerator:


Okay, I guess the scenery is a giveaway that I didn't really draw this myself. I found it one someone else's site. But it's the thought that counts, isn't it? That's what my friend said about his present, too...

Well anyway,

Happy Birthday to the best owner ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home