Smarty Spot

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Smarty By Morning

It's time I finally unveil the project that has been taking up so much of my time, energy, and thoughts lately...especially since the owners have wondered why I've been in such a pensive mood.

I have started working on, or at least thinking about, a book that would be entitled Smarty By Morning. It would have 365 days worth of insights on life from a whippet's point of view, in a "devotional" format (and handsomely illustrated). I had the idea because at least one reader likes to check up on Smarty Spot each morning, so I can only assume there are hundreds more. So why not have a large, glossy picture book with the same kind of uplifting and pet-friendly material?

But then I got thinking... Why not also market this book as an introduction to an even bigger work entitled The Encyclopedia for "Smart" People, with an online version entitled Whippetpedia? The goal: rewrite every entry found on Wikipedia in a pet and racing and raw food friendly style, so that whenever someone does research on any topic it is guaranteed to result in a better world for all God's creatures?

I started with "Aardvark" of course, but still have a long way to go.

But back to the original project, Smarty By Morning.

The first entry for January 1 is entitled "Life's A Struggle." What do you think of this picture to go with it?



Of course, I can use that same picture for the January 2 entry: "Life's a Ball."

As soon as I get the other 363 entries done I'll let you know!

Oh, wait a minute, what about leap year? See, this project keeps getting bigger and bigger...

2 Comments:

  • At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My dear Sister Smarty:
    On our way to Fort Mott the other morning, I smelled a burning odor coming from the front of the car. I looked to the front and was shocked to see the driver's head almost on fire! She was speaking to herself as she often does. It is so strange She was babbling about what a fabulous writer you are. My dear sister, she continued to mutter the words "Children's Books" over and over again. I think she had a telepathic (is there such a word???) experience! I second the motion and encourage you to put your words of wisdom into print. I bet my dinner for a year that ou will have a best seller!
    Love,
    Your Sister Lucy

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go for it! I'd like a calendar from Smarty's point of view!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home