Smarty Spot

Monday, March 03, 2008

Released Back Into the Wild


Apparently that last post I wrote - with a little gag at the end about taking the little one captive - was taken too literally. The child was whisked off to an undisclosed location this past week, probably to an underground bunker or treehouse. This left me and Scoche to completely fend for ourselves, with no human supervision whatsoever!

Oh, I guess if you count this guy then we had a little "quote unquote" supervision...


But actually, we had to keep him under control. Left without his female counterpart, things weren't always pretty. I suppose this is what happens when he's released back into his own natural habitat.


This wasn't so bad, but we were a little bit worried for his state of mind. He gets a little freaked out when left alone. This actually made us feel a certain weight of responsibility I for one had hoped to avoid now that we finally had the run of the place.

Fortunately, I was able to translate this into some daily routines that worked out to my benefit. You know, the walks, the bones, the tummy rubs, the long late-night discussions about life, the universe, and everything. I was able to absorb some attention that's been lacking - attention that is, and I say this humbly, owed to me by right.

Yes, it's been an acceptable week.

And yet... Yet...

To be honest, I find myself hoping that they'll bring that kid out of hiding again. I guess I have to admit it... I kind of miss the little fella.

So, if you're out there somewhere, reading this...

Come back, little guy! We miss you!


* * *

SPECIAL NOTE: Scoche celebrated her birthday this last Thursday! Happy Birthday, Scoche!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smarty,

    Doritos, soda and late-night conversations with your human? What more could you want?

    Love,
    Holly

     

Post a Comment

<< Home